10g Performance: its crawling

  • From: MVR <yoursraju007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:14:07 -0500

Hello,

After 10g upgrade, one job started performing very bad, real slow. It
used to complete in an hour and its taking around 4 hours now. I have
checked wait history from DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY for last
night's run. Here is a top one event, ordered by TIME_WAITED Column.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wait Event: db file sequential read,
Wait Class: User I/O

p1text : file# , p1: 328
p2text : block #, p2: 421640
p3text : blocks , p3: 1

TIME_WAITED: 1327817

Apparently it looks like its trying to read a single index block from
file 328(afaik).  But this time_waited column is driving me crazy. I
thought If I assume that this is an I/O issue, it makes sense, but we
never had these issues in 9206... so this assumption may not be right.
How can we figure out Segment name with block# ? I know vetarans use
x$ tables to get this. Anyone any ideas please ?

Thanks