Re: 10g Grid Control managing both Win and Unix

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 22:25:57 +0300

We did that and it works.
OTOH, we had many stability issues with GC on windows. After we moved the OMS to Linux everything was working fine.

Harel Safra

On 03/05/2010 17:33, Crisler, Jon wrote:

Has anybody installed Grid Control on a Windows server and used it to manage both Linux and Windows 10g databases ? I have not gone into the docs on this topic but I think it is quite workable. I am looking for some feedback on people that have done this.

Thanks !

The reason for doing it is for OS licensing / support costs- apparently the project has excess Windows licenses.