Re: 10g FAN user callout

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:40:18 -0500

Hi John,

I've used this before--mainly for notification. I also used it per Oracle's recommendations for starting services when an instance starts. I blogged about it at http://www.dannorris.com/2009/03/12/start-database-services-automatically-after-instance-startup/

Hope that helps.

Dan

John D Parker wrote:
Anyone ever use the FAN user callout feature? you drop a script in $ORA_CRS_HOME/racg/usrco and have it process FAN messages and take appropriate action. Just curious if anyone has taken advantage of this or experimented with it at all.

lemme know
John

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l