RE: 10g Automatic Statistics Gathering

  • From: "Lex de Haan" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stephen.Barr@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:51:19 +0200

statistics collection in 10g is performed by the GATHER_STATS_JOB, which is part
of the AUTO_TASK_S_JOB_CLASS class, and scheduled with DBMS_SCHEDULER. This job
executes the DBMS_STATS.GATHER_DATABASE_STATS_JOB_PROC procedure as soon as the
MAINTENANCE_WINDOW_GROUP opens, typically during week nights and the weekend.

kind regards,

Lex.

Steve Adams Seminar  <http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html>
http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html