RE: 10g - ASM

  • From: "Jamadagni, Rajendra" <Rajendra.Jamadagni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 15:22:48 -0400

Being on winders platform, wiping the machine clean and reinstalling is
probably *the* way to go. It is a platform specific feature, heck it is
a requisite. It took me exactly 6 minutes to get the ASM instance up and
running on AIX and this time includes a minute spent on varying on the

Here is a related thought ... Why would I use ASM's 2/3 way mirroring if
the RAW files I supply are already striped and mirrored 4 ways .. Isn't
is redundant?=20

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com=20
All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.=20
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements;=20
QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !