Re: 10g ADDM: Threat to DBAs, has Oracle RDBMS become too big

  • From: Joseph Amalraj <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 04:34:51 -0800 (PST)

I entirely agree with you.

  My main concern is whether Oracle has reached critical mass, in terms of
size. i.e. Has the Software become too big and is doing too many things to
become maintainable?
  e.g
  Version 9.2.0.8

Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Ram K apparently said,on my timestamp of 5/03/2006 10:04 AM:

> I searched on this list for ADDM. I did not find the answer on this topic.
> Are ADDM and its successors going to put DBAs out of jobs? or reduce the
> number of DBAs required? I read about it online in one site
> that the dependency on DBAs for tuning might end soon.

Can we for once and as a collective group stop
these sort of posts? The whole "no more dbas"
thing is total marketing CRAP and doesn't deserve
one second of anyone's sane mind.

Enough already! Don't waste time with this
rubbish. Just do your job.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto