Re: 10G and UFS - long write times

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:29:04 -0400

On 06/08/2006 09:06:33 AM, Hallas, John, Tech Dev wrote:
> More testing has confirmed that the issue is there in 9i but not to the
> same degree
>
> Very simply, what we are seeing is that using the test routine I showed
> earlier on UFS mounted local disk the results are :-
>
> 9i SAN time  = (15-30s) * 2.5  = 3.30 minutes
> 10g San time  = ((15-30s) * 14  = 6 - 9 minutes
>
> This is on Solaris and seems to me to be repeatable on Linux but the
> Unix boys want me to stay with Solaris for now for ease of testing.
>
> John

This is extremely worrisome to me. The company that I work for has a bunch of
9i databases and a sandbox to test 10G. As we are primarily DW place, writes
weren't
tested yet. How many people here have implemented 10GR2 in production and is
there
a consensus about the problem with the speed of writing to the database? I'll
search
Metalink later.

--
Mladen Gogala