Re: 10G Rel.2 Dataguard - 2 Node RAC/ASm/OMF to Standby Single Node 10G issues

  • From: "Raj S" <sanstorage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:21:49 -0500

Here is the specific error I'm getting when I try to do a the following RMAN
command. I'm looking for answers and not your stupid comments. I tried the
standby db in both nomount and shutdown state and still get the same error.

RMAN> duplicate target database for standby;

Starting Duplicate Db at 16-MAY-06
using target database control file instead of recovery catalog
allocated channel: ORA_AUX_DISK_1
channel ORA_AUX_DISK_1: sid=131 instance=han1 devtype=DISK
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at 05/16/2006 20:12:19
RMAN-05500: the auxiliary database must be not mounted when issuing a
DUPLICATE command

On 5/16/06, Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>question is how do I copy the RAC database in ASM to the non-RAC
database. I know RMAN is probably the best option but wnated to know if
someone has done this step by step. I searched in Metalink as well but
nothing specific to this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

...ah yes, the fledgling cottage industry for tips and techniques
on how to get to your own data once it is put out into ASM raw disk
groups.

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l