Re: 10.2.3 Grid Control new install - advice - pros/cons

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:08:41 -0500

10.2.0.3 GC (referred to as Release 3 on
OTN<http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oem/index.html>,
for some reason) has come out strong, I think. Unfortunately, I cannot yet
speak from experience as we have not yet had the opportunity to use the
enhanced features, but even the skeptics that I talk to (one an Oracle
instructor none-the-less) say that 10.2.0.3 is the first true version fit
for Production. From what I have read/heard so far, the enhancements seem to
focus on provisioning and ease of administrating RAC; I am sure there are
other qualities that make it an attractive upgrade choice as well.

We use EM mostly like you do. One problem we are facing now is bug 5177766
which is not yet available for our platform. Granted this is a problem with
the repository, not Grid Control.

On 6/25/07, kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has installed 10.2.3 or upgraded to it and found
it worth the hassle?  I haven't been able to find a doc that mentions the
new features in 10.2.3 OEM.

I am doing a new install and wondering if it is worth the all the hassle
to upgrade to 10.2.3 or should I just stay on 10.1.4  version?  What it
boils down to is are there any major bugs or problems in 10.1.4 that are
addressed in 10.2.3 making it worth all the work to install the database,
patch, do repmanager etc.  Or is the 10.2.3 bugging in itself.

We are not on RAC at this point.  I will be monitoring 9i and 10g
databases.  We will be
installing RAC and EBS next year.

I thought people on the list could share the good points or any issues
with 10.2.3 or 10.1.4

Thanks mucho much!

Kathy

Pinpoint customers