10.2.3 Grid Control new install - advice - pros/cons

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:20:49 -0700 (PDT)

I was wondering if anyone has installed 10.2.3 or upgraded to it and found it
worth the hassle?  I haven't been able to find a doc that mentions the new
features in 10.2.3 OEM.

  I am doing a new install and wondering if it is worth the all the hassle to
upgrade to 10.2.3 or should I just stay on 10.1.4  version?  What it boils down
to is are there any major bugs or problems in 10.1.4 that are addressed in
10.2.3 making it worth all the work to install the database, patch, do
repmanager etc.  Or is the 10.2.3 bugging in itself.

  We are not on RAC at this point.  I will be monitoring 9i and 10g databases.
We will be
  installing RAC and EBS next year.

  I thought people on the list could share the good points or any issues with
10.2.3 or 10.1.4

  Thanks mucho much!

  Kathy