10.1.0.4/win32: login to db takes 20-30 secs

  • From: "Andre van Winssen" <awinssen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 05:57:50 +0200

Hello,

After a fresh install of 10.1.0.4 (on Win2K here) I created a simple
database using dbca.

What I find strange is that, although everything else is looking fine, a
login to the database takes approx 20 to 30 secs.

And it's not just sqlplus also exp/imp/dbconsole show the same login time.

I logged a tar for this and expect some input from Oracle but wanted to know
if it is common and not something special to my env.

I haven't had a change to  use other servers yet.

Regards,

Andre van Winssen