10046 trace in dbms_job

  • From: Arul Ramachandran <contactarul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:13:39 -0700

Hi all:

This is on Oracle10G R1 / Windows-XP Pro.

I am trying to trace a simple stored procedure that does DMLs, with a
'execute immediate' that set events 10046 trace. When I execute the
procedure from sqlplus, I am able to see the trace in user_dump destination
as expected.

Whereas, when I call the procedure from dbms_job.submit ( with a commit
after ), the procedure does what it is supposed to do with the DMLs. But the
trace files are not generated in user_dump.

Is this the expected behavior? If so, can someone explain this and are there
anyother ways to get a trace while calling from dbms_job. Not sure if this
is what one would see in dbms_scheduler, but I am interested in dbms_job at
the moment.

Thank you.