Re: 1 node rac cluster

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ed lewis <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:02:27 +0000

Hi Ed.

ed lewis wrote:
Hi Martin,
   Thanks for taking the time to respond.

   So, I would treat this install the same as I would
I multi-node cluster. Clusterware will be installed.

Yes, you'll need it.

Anything special need to be done
with the private interconnect since there is only 1 machine ?
Other areas such as the CVU, ssh equivalance, etc . Just
follow the normal install ?

Just follow the normal install, you obviously have to set up interconnect, public network, set up /etc/hosts or DNS for IP addresses (including VIP), user equivalence. In other words: everything you'd do to n+1 nodes you do to the (only) node.

Martin Bach
OCM 10g