Re: 1 node rac cluster

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 10:03:28 +0000

Hi Ed,

from a pure technical/software installation point of view it doesn't matter how many nodes a cluster has. If you have a single machine right now with the prospect of adding more, simply install RAC on only 1 node, following the standard Clusterware/Grid Infrastructure/RDBMS installation docs for your platform. When creating the database, I recommend creating a cluster database right from the start to make your life easier once the other nodes join the cluster.

Once the other machine(s) become available, run the addNode.sh scripts to add it or them in. dbca can be used to add nodes to a RAC database with ease.

Regards,

Martin

ed lewis wrote:
Hi,
    I'm looking for a document that show the steps
for creating a 1-node RAC cluster.
    I've checked the oracle docs, metalink, and searched
the web.
Does anyone know where I could find this information ? Thanks very much.

--
Martin Bach
OCM 10g