Re: scalability of oracle11i on linux vmware(windows)

  • From: Atul Kumar <atul_iiit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:58:41 -0700 (PDT)

Sridhar,

    I have tried R12 on 4GB windows machine with VMware (3GB memory for linux
R12) and performance wise its acceptable

  Check posts related to R12 on VMware at

http://onlineappsdba.com/index.php/2007/03/05/install-oracle-apps-r12-on-linux-vmware/

  I did 11.5.9 on 1GB Ram on PC  in 2003 for training purpose so In my opinion
it will work

  Atul
sridhar rao <drmsr6@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    hi all,
  i want to install oracle11i on linux as4using vmware (windows xp base --then
vmware)(for testing purpose). does it work well?does it sustains if i am
applying patches?can any one help me on this?
  thanks in advance
  Dr.M.Sridhar
  Apps DBA

Atul Kumar