Re: application tier RAM requirements

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:56:58 +0300

But the kernel on a 32 bit system addresses the first 4gb only. Windows has
awe and pae ux doesn't. I bet your jserv proccesses are paging.
Noup. It is limitation for single process. It doen't apply for whole system.
Kernel have it own part to work with, but it is just fraktion of
overall memory size in yuor system.

J.

On 4/18/07, Tipton, Josh <Josh.Tipton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But the kernel on a 32 bit system addresses the first 4gb only. Windows has
awe and pae ux doesn't. I bet your jserv proccesses are paging.

I may be wrong but that was my understanding from oracle.