Re: Workflow - IMAP issue

  • From: James Morrow <morrow.james@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:15:04 -0500

Also, you don't REALLY need to do inbound processing.

Here's the deal.  Say you're doing "PO Approvals".  Now, one way is to
do it through return email.  Basically, a Workflow Notification is
generated and sent to a manager telling him/her that a PO needs their
approval.  If you're using return email, all they have to do is reply
to the email and the PO will be approved or rejected based on the
reply.

The other way of doing it is to modify the notification such that it
contains a link which forces them to actually launch and log into the
application.  If you're doing it this way, no inbound processing is
required.

So, it really depends on your requirements.

Also, If you do go the route of inbound processing, I recommend a few things:
1)  Create a "TEST" address to "trap" outbound messages from
non-production instances
2)  Create a seperate inbound mailbox for each instance... (You don't
want TEST stealing messages from PROD!)

-- James
James J. Morrow | Senior Oracle Applications DBA | TriOra Group, LLC
morrow.james <at> gmail <dot> com
james.morrow <at> trioragroup <dot> com