WF_DEFERRED / mailer

  • From: <sylvain.brunet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:56:13 +0200

Yuri, Do you have any new informations about this ???

I have some interest for theses questions, because

My java (11.5.9) OWF.H workflow mailer does not works...

It seems that wf_notification_send places records in WF_NOTIFICATIONS
table, but nothing

In WF_DEFERRED nor WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT tables ...

Any idea ?

Thx,

Sylvain

Thread Status: Active

From: Jurijs Velikanovs <mailto:J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx> 19-May-06 10:59
Subject: Why Notifications' WF events go to a WF_DEFERRED queue instead
of directly to a WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue?

Why Notifications' WF events go to a WF_DEFERRED queue instead of
directly to a WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue?

Hello everyone !!!

WF ADMINISTRATION QUESTION:
Does anybody aware why notifications' WF events go to the WF_DEFERRED
queue first of all instead of going directly to a WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT
queue?

The process of Notifications processing is as follows:
A. CALL wf_notification.send
You (or others modules) call this procedure if you would like to send a
Notification.
This procedure places a record in to WF_NOTIFICATIONS table
and enquiring a corresponding event into a WF_DEFERRED queue.

B. Workflow Deferred Agent Listener, dequeues event
A Deferred Agent dequeues event from the WF_DEFERRED queue
Generates Email (if needed) text in XML format
Puts event into the WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue

C. Workflow Notification Mailer dequeues event
Notification Mailer dequeues event from the WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue
Sends an email and updates WF_NOTIFICATIONS table accordantly.

UNCLEAR QUESTIONS where your input would bee more then appreciated:
------
I. Why we need WF_DEFERRED queue in Notification Sending process? Oracle
theoretically can use WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue directly. Eliminating B
phase completely.

II. Who a Deferred Agent Listener process knows that it need to enqueue
event in to the WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue?
There are a lot different events processed by this Agent from
WF_DEFERRED queue. Just wonder who Agent knows that notifications events
need to be enqueued in to WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT? There are no any event
subscriptions or something that would tell Oracle.
------

I would really appreciated your ideas and opinions.
Please help me to put light on that question.

Thank you in advance,
Yury

Sylvain BRUNET (DOSI-Experts-DBA)

Prestataire UNILOG - Logica CMG