RE: Oracle ERP instance on Laptop - Installation

  • From: "Laskey Steve" <Steve.Laskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:44:07 +0100

Anant,

We have created a few E-bis installs on laptops for demo's etc. We have
used Fujitsu Siemens Celcius H Laptops with 3Gb ram and Core 2
processor. These are fairly expensive laptops but so far the experience
has been very good, even supported 10 users in a demo environment with
no problems. Used Oracle Enterprise linux 4 and 5 as OS (not VM). Have
had mixed results with USB HDD so the laptops have 200Gb internal disk.

/Steve