Re: OAS & OID questio

  • From: Atul Kumar <atul_iiit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:18:00 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, it should be exact replica including data in two OID's should match OID1
same as OID2   (so that MIddle Tier Node details are already in OID2)   else it
will not work.

  Do let me know if OID2 is replica of OID1 , If yes I need to think otherwise.

  Regards
  Atul Kumar
  http://becomeAppsDBA.blogSpot.com

Sushil Arige <sushil.arige@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Atul,

Yes, we are trying to switch middle tier associated with OID1 to OID2. We have
OID2 similar install as OID1 but does this needs to be exact replica?

We checked the ports and credentials etc on OID2 and they are all correct.

Thanks,
Sushil

  On 5/17/07, Atul Kumar <atul_iiit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Sushil,
    I am not sure what do you mean by changing OID information as this is not
clear from below explanation -

  1. Do you have an Middle Tier1 associated with OID1 and now you wish to point
to OID2
  -- For this OID2 should be replica of OID1 (later you can disassociate OID2
from OID1) or ldap container which holds Middle Tier configuration (Context ->
Products -> iAS -> ....) specific to Middle Tier1 should be available in OID2.

  If you have alraedy this in place (container in new OIID) and you are simply
migrating to new OID server and getting invalid credentials, make sure new OID
is Up and listening on SSL (636) ldap port as it will use SSL port by default
also given in error message.

  Mail us if you have any other info or Ask other users at
http://teachMeOracle.com/forum    or
  http://foums.oracle.com

  Atul
  http://becomeAppsDBA.blogSpot.com

Sushil Arige <sushil.arige@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
  Has anyone seen this error while changing OID information in Infrastructure
tab of OAS?

Error message:
Operation failed to pass validation. Data for the Application Server instance
may not have been migrated to the new Internet Directory server. Please check
Admin Guide for procedures. Error connecting to Oracle Internet Directory
Server specified by <SERVERNAME>:636. Connecting as Application Server instance
specified by 'orclApplicationCommonName=oasinstance1.<SERVERNAME>,cn=IAS
Instances, cn=IAS, cn=Products, cn=OracleContext'. Base Exception :
oracle.ias.repository.schema.SchemaException: Unable to establish secure
connection to Oracle Internet Directory Server ldap://<SERVERNAME>:636/ Base
Exception : javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 -
Invalid Credentials]

We have a distributed configuration with OAS on one machine and OID/SSO on
another machine. The first time adding the OID information was successful
without any issue but now getting the above error when we are trying to change
the OID information to a new server.

Is there any place on OAS server or metadatabase that it stores this
information. Can we directly go and clear that information?

Any tips or help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sushil

Atul Kumar