Re: Need a solution for E-Business Loadbalancing without additional hardware

  • From: Virendra Patel <vap824@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:47:52 -0700 (PDT)

hi Pravin,
  Thanks i will follow the metalink note

  thanks
  virendra patel

Pravin RC <pravinrc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    HI virendra,

  I followed metalink note 380490.1 (oracle 12), there are notes available for
11i i also. let me know if you need some more details

  thanks

  Pravin

  On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Virendra Patel <vap824@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Pravin,
This is the same architecture we have to follow while implementing load
balancing..for which i have been assigned to could send me the details how to
configure DMZ with 11i and 2 external and 2 internal servers, with Big5 LB...
thanks,
Virendra Patel

Pravin RC <pravinrc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Hi Priyank,

  Could you please write me the architecture ? I have implemented DMZ Oracle 12
with 2 external and 2 internal servers, with Big5 LB.

  thanks

  Pravin

  On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Priyank Jain <mail2priyank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Atul,

Thanks for the response.
I understand that this is not certified, but given the situation, I need to
take this up as a challenge.
I have gone down to the OS level to get a resolution to this. One option is
using Heartbeat package shipped for Linux.
I'm also investigating using the IPVS service distributed with the RHEL to get
around the issue of maintaining session data such as cookie to ensure that the
client always connects to the same server.
Will keep you all posted on any developments. Any help on this subject is much
solicited.

Thanks,
Priyank.

  On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Atul Kumar <atul_iiit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Priyank,
 Software load balancer is not supported/certified in front of Oracle Apps
11i/R12 as it can't maintain session persistence (It is requirement in apps
that request from one client always connect to same server till user session
logout )

http://onlineappsdba.com/index.php/2006/12/20/oracle-apps-load-balancer-setup-for-http-server/

Atul Kumar
+44-7525173921