RE: MLS - English and Arabic

  • From: Fadi Hasweh <fhasweh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:49:45 +0300

Hi
Please check the following note 277295.1  if you install the Arabic langanug
from rapid wiz you need to do the following
-Update multilingual tables.

To update all multilingual tables in your system, go to the AD Administration
main menu, and choose the Maintain Applications Database Entities submenu.
Then, run the Maintain Multi-lingual Tables task. See Chapter 4 in Oracle
Applications Maintenance Utilities for more information about running tasks in
AD Administration.

-Apply language patch driver for each active language.

Applying a patch driver loads seed data translations into the database and
compiles all the translated files needed at runtime. Complete only the actions
that apply to your Release 11.5.10 system.

For new 11.5.10 systems with additional languages:

If you have completed the installation of a new Release 11.5.10 Oracle
Applications system, apply dg11510nls.drv for each additional language. This
driver is located in the $AU_TOP/admin/driver/<LANG> directory.

For 10.7 or 11.0 systems with existing languages upgraded to 11.5.10:

If you have successfully upgraded your system to Release 11.5.10, apply
dg11510upgnls.drv for each active language. This driver is located in the
$AU_TOP/admin/driver/<LANG> directory

Perform this step for each language that is registered as active in your
system. If you have a multi-node system, see Applying Patches to a Multi-Node
System in Oracle Applications Maintenance Procedures. For complete information
about AutoPatch, see Oracle Applications Maintenance Utilities.

-Complete the post-install tasks.

The Post-install Tasks contain instructions for finishing the language
installations.