Re: Compile Security Job

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:24:59 +0300

BTW:

APPLPTMP is the directory in which PL/SQL output files are created.
In Dev environments we had faced with the issue then several
environments pointing to the same TMP directory (if I recall correctly
it is /var/tmp by default).
In some cases environments tend to generate files with the same names
in different environments. If each environment is running under
separated Unix user then CR might fail just because of that simple
reason.
Problems is that by default rapid clone doesn't change this value in a
context file.
I would recommend to located per environment tmp dir and change it in
XML file after each clone.

Just my 0.02$,
Jurijs

On 4/5/07, Fernandes, Aldrin <afernand@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jurijs,

I had the same thoughts when I saw the suggestion, it didn't quite make
sense; however I didn't get the time respond earlier.

From a technical perspective in a split config; the visibility to the
filesystem is restricted to those available on the DB server and then
further restricted by the ult_file_dir values, so most likely they will
never be the same, obviously the exception would be a nfs filesystem.
But if they serve different purposes, it would be better to separate
them.

Thanks,
Aldrin