RE: Best practices Oracle E-Business Suite and 11g Active Data Guard

  • From: "Reddy, Sridhar" <SReddy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:20:22 -0400

EBS 11i or R12 supports only physical standby database as part of its
Data guard strategy.  It does not support Active Data Guard.

The concept of Active Data Guard is such that it is open READ ONLY mode
while still the log is being applied and to login to EBS you need the DB
in READ WRITE mode.

For complete details see the following link

http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/2008/10/comparing_oracle_data_guard_v
s_active_data_guard_f.html

Thanks

Sridhar