[optimal] Re: Speed of injection

  • From: CECILIA SJUNESSON <sjunesson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 09:03:27 +0000

 This is very interesting, I made a study that was published in  Journal of
ESONT 2007; 1(3): 22-26 Injection speed and frequency of  adverse reacftion to
fluoresceinangiography. 300 patients were included and the result was the same,
higher rate of adverse reaction and nausea with slow injection than fast. but
no statistically significant diffrence.
 Cecilia Sjunesson
Departement of ophthmology
Ängelholm
Sweden

Subject: [optimal] Speed of injection
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:37:26 -0400
From: Kmiller@xxxxxxxxxx
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  OPHTHALMOLOGY, June 2012, V116, No 6 page 1281:

     “In conclusion, our study indicates that there was a significantly higher
incidence
of nausea when fluorescein was injected over 10 seconds compared with 2 seconds.
To our knowledge, this is the first prospective double-masked, randomized,
controlled
trial looking into the effect of speed of injection and incidence of nausea
during
FFA.”…………….check it out.

                        Kirby