From: optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [optimal-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of
Hasan Omairah [shagroon@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:07 PM
To: Optimal Freelist
Subject: [optimal] Re: Power switch on TRC 50ex

We have a TOPCON TRC-50IX as our main capture cameras for Color, RF, FA, & ICG.
I know for a fact that turning the capture PC on and off quite often degrades
your hard drive and making it more likely to fail overtime; earlier compared to
a PC being on continuously, or a one that is turned off then on occasionally.

We used to keep the machines on during the working days, and @times we shut
them off just before the weekend.  But we were asked by ITA department to leave
‘em one so network admins can update, patch, and backup our servers during the
weekend!
Well; not so quite sure if the on/off procedure would have any effect on the
camera parts like light source and power supply unit etc… But I know from
experience working on different electrical machines that is not a good practice.

So; leaving them on in my opinion is a good practice, and time saver, as said
if you need to get some quick study shots then the machine is ready, and you
don’t have to wait for it to initialize.
Than’x

Hasan Omairah AAS COT OCT-C CRA
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

"Blessed is the man who has some congenial work, some occupation in which he
can put his heart, and which affords a complete outlet to all the forces there
are in him". -John Burroughs

________________________________
From: TSteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [optimal] Power switch on TRC 50ex
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:07:38 -0400

Cousin’s,

One of the photographers has begun turning off the 50ex after every study to
avoid the sound of the camera in their office. I don’t think it really matters
if you leave the camera on all day or turn it off and on multi times.

Perhaps someone has information which would enlighten an old dog photographer
like me.

Thank You,

Tom Steele, CRA

Midwest Eye Institute

200 West 103rd Street

Indianapolis, Indiana 46290

317.817.1018

tsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and/or
privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return the original
message to us at the above email address