[optimal] Re: Power switch on TRC 50ex

We have a TOPCON TRC-50IX as our main capture cameras for
Color, RF, FA, & ICG.

I know for a fact that turning the capture PC on and off
quite often degrades your hard drive and making it more likely to fail overtime;
earlier compared to a PC being on continuously, or a one that is turned off
then on occasionally.

We used to keep the machines on during the working days, and
@times we shut them off just before the weekend.  But we were asked by ITA
department to leave ‘em
one so network admins can update, patch, and backup our servers during the
weekend!

Well; not so quite sure if the on/off procedure would have
any effect on the camera parts like light source and power supply unit etc… But
I know from experience working on different electrical machines that is not a
good practice.

So; leaving them on in my opinion is a good practice, and
time saver, as said if you need to get some quick study shots then the machine
is ready, and you don’t have to wait for it to initialize.

Than’x

Hasan Omairah AAS COT OCT-C CRA

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

"Blessed is the man who has some congenial work, some
occupation in which he can put his heart, and which affords a complete
outlet to all the forces there are in him".
-John Burroughs

From: TSteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [optimal] Power switch on TRC 50ex
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:07:38 -0400

Cousin’s, One of the photographers has begun turning off the 50ex after every
study to avoid the sound of the camera in their office. I don’t think it really
matters if you leave the camera on all day or turn it off and on multi times.
Perhaps someone has information which would enlighten an old dog photographer
like me.   Thank You, Tom Steele, CRA
                                       Midwest Eye Institute200 West 103rd
StreetIndianapolis, Indiana 46290317.817.1018tsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is confidential and/or privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you
  telephone and return the original message to us at the above email address