[optimal] Cirrus Use In Paediatrics

  • From: "Drew, Anton (Health)" <Anton.Drew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:43:40 +1030

I have been asked by a Paediatric Ophthalmologist about the use of Cirrus in
children.

Is it of benefit, how accurate, any issues with scan results and how wide
spread is the use in children ?

As we are an adults only hospital I couldn't answer these questions for her, so
value any feed back.

If you would like to communicate with her directly Dr Theresa Casey's address
is: Theresa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This way she could let you know exactly what she has is actually looking for in
an OCT, as she is yet to purchase one.
She was impressed by the quality of the images I presented to her of a child I
scanned recently, and is looking at doing some research using OCT.

Anton Drew
Ophthalmic Technician
Ophthalmology Unit 7A
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Central Adelaide Local Health Network
SA Health
28 Woodville Road
WOODVILLE SOUTH 5011

Phone: 61 8 8222 7580
Fax :    61 8 8222 6233
Email: anton.drew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email may contain confidential information, which also may be legally
privileged.
Only the intended recipient(s) may access , use, distribute or copy this email.
If this email is received in error, please inform the sender by return email
and delete the original.
If there are doubts about the validity of this message, please contact the
sender by telephone.
It is the recipient's responsibility to check the email and any attached files
for viruses.