[optacon-l] reading a PC Monitor

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 15:18:13 -0700

You just experiment. Some screens have buttons that either brighten, dim or
reverse the video; if you started on a black background, such a button would
change the background to white and show the print in dark. Every screen is
different. Try and try again. Every display and every optacon will be
different. As I've said, I usually don't need a CRT lens because when I've
looked at Windows screens, I've seen a white or light background with dark
print, like reading a book, so I've used the regular optacon lens. But when
Windows dies, a CRT lens is essential because the lower-level install
reverts back to a DOS screen with green on black.

Mary