Re: optacon reading

  • From: dg140@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Charles Pond)
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 01:04:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Catherine.  I still have the copy you kindly sent to me.  One can use a
certain software tool to "decompile" the programme, but it is crude at
best.  The programme seemed to automatically keep the letters straight
even though the mouse was not straight.  Also, the font used by the
programme on the optacon II's display was sans serif I believe.

Windows-X (I belive it is called), or X-Windows, has an option to interface
with an optacon II; a neat feature indeed.

The idea would be to have a driver so that the mouse could be used as the
optacon's "camera" so to speak, and retain its normal mouse button
functions.  This optacon option would be used in conjunction with other
access technology as a part of a work station if one desired.  Looking at
the programming and interfacing document provided by a list member, it
seeems that a programmer could do this job well enough.

Charles

---