[optacon-l] Re: Windows 7 with the optacon

  • From: "David Plumlee" <knobman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:03:41 -0500

Hi, Mary,

When I tried to read your message, I got several of those darned circumflex
indications throughout the message.  Upon more careful examination, the
"bad" characters come in each time you used an apostrophe in a word.  I
wonder if there is anything I can do on my end to make the "circumflex"
characters read back properly to me.  If anyone knows of any setting I can
change in Outlook Express to force the characters to read properly, I will
appreciate the information.  Your message is the first one I have received
in which the apostrophe characters did not read properly.  I do not know
whether it is a characteristic of Windows 7 or something in either your end
or mine; but I would sure like to know of a way to get the text to read
properly.

I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 3.  I will appreciate any advice
any of you can offer.