[optacon-l] Re: Request for some advice

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:05:43 -0800

Dr. Vickery,

I would also have to agree with this. The optacon was never designed for
anything but a very light resting of the finger over those vibrating pins.
Too much pressure could even break or bend those pins as I understand their
working. You might also consider the fact that because of the aray's shape
and contour, it may normally feel differently at the edges than it does in
the center. These really are very delicate devices and must be handled very
carefully.

Dianne B. Phelps,
Napa, California