Re: Optacons

  • From: "Mark Blier" <mblier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 23:40:41 -0700

Hi, All,

Well, I've also plowed through books for myself, and have also =
transcribed work-related memos, and I used the reverse video setting to =
read the screen on my first Apple computer.  In 1997, while I was =
receiving intravenous antibiotics through a portable pump, I used the =
Optacon to verify the pump's settings while the visiting nurse mixed =
more medicine and injected it into bags of saline that I had in my =
kitchen.  It was a freaky thing for the nurse to see at first, but after =
a while, she just expected that I would do that.  It made me laugh -- =
how quickly the unexpected becomes ordinary ...

Mark

----- Original Message -----=20