[opendtv] Re: Wireless Beer Tracking

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:37:40 -0400

At 9:22 PM -0800 11/2/06, Dale Kelly wrote:
This ones for Craig...

Wireless Beer Tracking
A reference to "The Beer Living Lab project" in connection with satellite
and wireless communication peaked my interest. "Beer" and "wireless" usually
don't appear together in a technical article!
http://www.tvtechnology.com/dlrf/one.php?id=1452
</exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.tvtechnology.com/dlrf/one.php?id=1452

Thanks Dale

You can't be too careful with these thin excuses for beer. They need to be consumed quickly, not aged like many of the fine craft brews that are produced here and imported from places like Belgium where they still know how to produce fine ales.

I would not be surprised if Budwiser is not already doing this. They are fanatical about product freshness - they want to make sure you can taste the corn and rice, and the acetaldehyde (green apple aroma and flavor).

I did some trial support work for AB once - they were trying to get out of the distribution agreement for Gainesville/Ocala, given to Roger Maris after he set the home run record. When Roger died his family started to run the distribution company into the ground and AB claimed that they were selling outdated beer. We had more than a thousand hours of depositions on servers in MPEG-1 format.

I envy Dale's ability to enjoy so many great craft brews in the great pacific Northwest!