[opendtv] Re: Walled Gardens

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 20:00:38 -0500

At 7:23 AM -0800 2/3/10, Kon Wilms wrote:
Regardless, I'm not clear what point you are trying to make. My
comparison to your point would be look, the iPhone can play an MP4, it
must not be a walled garden.

The point is that it is relatively easy to support multiple devices, stores, etc. This is certainly less difficult that trying to develop a desktop app for Windows, OSX and Linux.

And as we move to more web apps, the walls virtually disappear...