[opendtv] Re: Walled Garden?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:17:41 -0400

Who told you it was easy? If it had been easy, why is Apple STILL threatening users with legal action, if they dare use the equimpment they buy as they darned well please? Even after being told by the courts to lay off?

HUH?

Please provide me ANY evidence that Apple is doing this.

Referring to the rethink-wireless article I just now posted, can you imagine GM coming after you with a horde of lawyers, if you dared replace the brake pads on your GM car with Brembos, or their seats with Recaros? Sound pretty absurd to me.

The article you posted was an interpretation of an Apple patent application; it may or may not be a correct interpretation. But the article you posted DOES NOT say, nor does it imply that Apple is taking legal action against those who jailbreak their products - in fact, the recent ruling about jailbreaking smartphones specifically makes this illegal.

And you think I'm into conspiracy theories...

Your response is nothing, if not entirely predictable.