[opendtv] Re: Users as Toast: The Blocking of Google TV

Craig wrote:

"I have no problem with a subscription model like Hulu Plus, although
I have no interest in it because I do not watch the vast majority of
the content from the broadcast networks.

"If I watched more movies I would probably subscribe to Netflix.

"I support paid ala carte models like iTunes.

"I would support an ala carte subscription service that lets me choose
the channels I want to pay for  IF the cost is less than the current
MVPD bundles...

"Unfortunately that's a BIG IF...

"If the congloms have anything to do with it, ala carte will cost more
than the MVPD walled gardens."

While I have no problem on some levels with a subscription to a channel,
and a channel subscription might be required for ala carte on an MVPD, for
media on the internet, why not have ala carte at the program level?  I
would much rather pay for an individual program, or, if I liked the series,
pay for the season.  But I would not like to pay for all of ABC just to
watch "Castle" or all of CBS to watch "Modern Family".  Then I am back to
paying for bad programming that I don't want to pay for.

Perhaps paying for individual programs would be more expensive in the long
run.  But then, perhaps we wouldn't consume so much rotten media if we paid
as we used.  There are only so many hours in a day.

Dan