[opendtv] Re: Users as Toast: The Blocking of Google TV

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Finally I think Bert has proven that he has no clue about
> this subject.
>
> Other than selling the products they manufacture, I cannot find
> a single instance where Apple is trying to negotiate exclusive
> carriage of any content or app.

So, I can watch Apple TV from any PC or Internet connected TV? And Apple TV is
NOT negotiating carriage of conglom material? Interesting, Craig.

The content owners are not obliged to buy into these exclusive (meaning walled
up) pipes. They did so in the MVPD model, of course, and I happen to believe
that was not good for consumers. For the time being, they don't allow this over
the Internet.

You seem so happy to recreate the exclusive pipes over the Internet, evidently
oblivious of the fact that then you can expect the same dual revenue stream and
the same bundling of content you seem to loathe now.

Astonishing.