[opendtv] Re: Users as Toast: The Blocking of Google TV

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:46:28 -0500

But this is still America, and we still respect property rights. Somebody who owns a patent is free to license that patent to one company, and refuse it to others.

As long as public airwaves are not being used to distribute the content, the content OWNER can do whatever they choose with THEIR property.

Go back a few months and look at your arguments defending Apple for blocking Flash based apps. Turn Apple into ABC, and Flash into Google TV, and you're now on the other side of the argument.

Sheesh, Craig, you make it sound as if accessing Law and Order on whatever device you choose is a Constitutional Right. It is not.

And you know I work for a University owned Public Broadcasting station, so I'm not sticking up for the Eeeevil Congloms. We're the network that was required to provide our signal in the clear on satellite for backyard dish owners.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Birkmaier" <craig@xxxxxxxxx>