[opendtv] Re: Transition report

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:41:42 -0400

gsds@xxxxxxx wrote:
>  The Zenith DTT900 (and its twin the Insignia model 'I don't have it in front
> of me') is the only STB that will allow someone to manually put in a specific
> frequency without scanning. This can be done even if the input is not
> connected. It remembers. I have tested, to date, nearly 20 different STB's.
> If someone has experience with another STB with this feature, please post the
> brand, as this is one of the most useful feature I have found.
>
> I have eight more SB's still in their box that I will test during the week.
>
> Ron

My Vizio TV doesn't allow me to just input a channel but it does allow
me to do a very quick scan for only digital channels of a single channel
range of, say, 9 through 9.

I think some of my old digital TV tuner cards allowed just entering an
RF channel but can't really remember now.  My current OnAir GT USB tuner
allows adding just a single channel but won't add it to the channel list
if it can't lock on to it.  I also just got an HD Homerun network tuner
box but that's intended for a Mythbuntu installation I have not yet
created so I haven't played with that one yet.

- Tom