[opendtv] Re: Transition report

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:23:13 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Tom Barry wrote:

They mention the rabbit ears must be fully extended for VHF.  I
have a channel 9 NBC local station that's fairly low power and hard
to get. What if I wanted to make an indoor antenna optimized just
for the channel 9 frequency.  Anybody know of a good web page
showing me how to quickly calculate how to do this?

Yes:

http://www.monsterfm.com/tech/antcalc.htm

Ch 9 is 186-192 MHz.

Here's an easy one built with 300 ohm twin lead:
http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/misc/dipole.html