[opendtv] Re: Toward digital TV

  • From: Barry Wilkins <barry.barrywilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:11:29 +1300

Cliff,
The digital transfer of old movies can be amazing. Recently I watched a
transfer of the old classic "The Flight of the Phoenix". Not only was the
transfer impeccable but the master must have been pristine. Some new release
DVDs can have inferior quality. Furthermore it was a double delight as the
recent remake of the story bears no comparison with this fine DVD transfer
of the original.

Cheers
Barry