[opendtv] Re: Toward digital TV

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:44:33 -0500

Who is "we" Bert?  The "we" that refused to support the Sinclair Petition
because Nxtwave and Motorola promised to fix ATSC in 1999 and are just
STARTING to make it passable in 2005?

Everything in the digital transition hinged solely on working receivers.  We
still don't have receivers that work as well as COFDM, nor have a
broadcasting format as flexible as DVB.

Yeah, we p*ssed away all sorts of time waiting for the CEA to deliver on
their 1999 promises.

John