[opendtv] Re: Toward digital TV

  • From: Barry Wilkins <barry.barrywilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:56:52 +1300

Bert,
You say people are demanding more than SD or sub SD quality. Presumably
because they are now used to watching DVDs on their nice new plasmas or
LCDs. So it is the DVD industry that is pushing the broadcast industry into
quality via bigger and better screens. Can anyone say that they know of
a broadcaster that has converted a significant number of SD channels to a
lesser number of HDTV channels?

Barry