[opendtv] Re: The other CE show

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:30:46 -0500

At 10:42 AM -0500 1/10/05, Mark Schubin wrote:
>  >

>>       Samsung won the bragging rights war for the biggest flat panel
>>displays (plasma and LCD). The 102" plasma is more than 8 feet high,
>>the average ceiling height for U.S. homes.
>  >

>Huh?
>
>A 102-inch diagonal 16:9 screen is 89 inches wide (less than eight feet)
>and 50 inches high (just over four feet).

My Bad!

That's what I get for plagiarizing one of the columns I read about
CES before writing that message...

;-(

P.S. The story also noted that Samsung did not suggest a list price
for the 102 inch screen, although they have sold a number of 80"
plasma panels for about $75,000 each. Of course, this may be wrong
too...