[opendtv] Re: The grass is greener ...

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:32:32 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
you can't use rabbit ear antennas any more.  They don't work."

You get the gist, yes? The women in my life don't like DTV. This is intended primarily for Cliff.

Bert, this has been olde news for about 15 years. DTV didn't work in the beginning, so why should it begin to now?

The powers-that-be have either decided they can't really fix DTV or have decided NOT to fix DTV.

This is like so many government programs that are self described as being proper solutions for specific
consumer issues, when in fact they are not.

The government can't or won't really do anything of real substance to fix our problems, so instead they say they can, when actually all they have done is to create programs that give the appearance of their having done something to fix a problem, when in fact it isn't.

This sort of  thing has been going on in the US since just after WW II.  Probably prior to that as well.

Cliff
---------------------------------------------------------------------- You can UNSUBSCRIBE from the OpenDTV list in two ways: - Using the UNSUBSCRIBE command in your user configuration settings at FreeLists.org - By sending a message to: opendtv-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.