[opendtv] Re: Targeted TV Advertising Catches Interest

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:32:58 -0700

John Willkie wrote:
> Oh, this is so much b.s. I can hardly keep still.  You had to read deep into
> the article to see that it isn't about TV advertising, but mere cable
> advertising.

Nevermind that NDS did this almost 6 years ago with Value@TV, both with
pre-caching and multiple stream personalization modes. Additionally one
can choose on the fly what ad to watch (no, show me a more expensive
car), and hook into an ITV app to request product literature by mail (or
whatever). I believe this is in use on BSkyB.

Cheers
Kon