[opendtv] Re: TV Prices Fall, Squeezing Most Makers and Sellers

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 12:54:23 -0500

I am for open markets but situation has to be symmetrical with trading
partners. If they protect their manufacturers through tariffs and government
subsidies and we do not the jobs fly away from the US.

I do not insist that all IC's be made in US. What I insist is an equal
playing field. The conditions for manufacturers in the US have to be the
same as for our trading partners. In this situation if we lose manufacturing
it's fair.

>Similarly, if all industries were forced to use only US parts and US
>manufacturing, prices for all products would go up, and the average person
in the >US would become more like the average person is in China and Brazil
is today. >Unable to afford most of these products.

As I can see in Schengen, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong average person can
afford all these products without any problem. I also saw traffics jams
where a lot of cars are BMW's, Mercedes sold for 3x times the price in US
because of China tariffs. The high end fashion brand retailers such as
Chanel, Louis Vuitton have lines in front of the stores to get in. BTW the
prices in these stores are about 2x what is sold in US for the same reason.

Mike Tsinberg
http://keydigital.com