[opendtv] Re: TV Prices Fall, Squeezing Most Makers and Sellers

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 12:06:51 -0500

Agreed.  In my opinion the reason Apple still has technological edge is
because of their policy of holding all parts of system under strict control:
software, hardware, and iTunes portal. Unfortunately for open standards
based products such as TV's, Blu Ray players, and DVD players the innovation
disappeared from US and became no margin competition driven from Asia.

Mike Tsinberg
http://keydigital.com