[opendtv] Superbowl XL(1080)I

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:40:40 -0500

Any comments on the quality of Sunday's Super Bowl XLI presented in glorious 1080i?

I watched on a 120" front projector at my church (we all huddled in fear that the NFL Police might kick in the door) and my impressions were that the pregame was brilliant, sharp, and very impressive. The game for the most part was assisted by the optical low pass filters (rain) on the camera lens, although every single animated transition from live play to a replay, and every animated transition back to live play, had horrible macroblocking. There was also macroblocking during fast pans, but not as noticeable as the animations.

John